Monday, May 4, 2009

Getting ready

Ok, so I am currently just about jumping out of my morning slippers in eager anticipation of this year's PDX Film Fest to kick off. On Tuesday May 5th I am going to catch the 1st half of the Bruce Conner in Memorium at the Whitsell brought you by the PDX Film Fest! + Cinema Project + Northwest Film Center then on Wednesday I'll be picking up my friend and 2009 Peripheral Produce Invitational competitor Katja Straub from the airport and I imagine that we'll probably head directly to the opening night screening which is the 2nd half of the Bruce Conner in Memorium program at the Clinton St. Theater. You can reference a little write up on my thoughts on the Conner retrospective show I caught in Austin that the Austin Film Society put on at the Alamo Draft House back last November here, I am very stoked they are kicking the fest off with this very fine program.

Later on that same evening we'll jam up the street to galleryHomeland to sneak a first peak at this year's installation portion of the Fest, BUM Equipment which is being curated by Cartune Xprez, I have no doubt that it will be an electronic gawk fest of epic proportions - I wonder if 3D glasses will be necessary? I'm also highly eager to see what will go down at this year's Experimental Filmmaker Karaoke Throwdown Take II on May 8th at Holocene, I had a great time making a karaoke video for this year's event and you can read a little blog action about that adventure right here.

Hope to see you all out there on Wednesday evening, more updates coming soon!

- Karl Lind.

No comments:

Post a Comment