Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Introduction to Bruce Conner

I'm so excited for tonight!

I have to admit, prior to today, I was not familiar with Bruce Conner's work. I know, I know, I've been living under a rock. That said, I love Internet research, so I have been making the effort to get better acquainted with artists involved in the festival. For those of you who are curious about the program tonight but are not entirely convinced, I highly recommend reading Bruce Conner's wikipedia page. I discovered that "Conner was among the first to use pop music for film sound tracks" and that many of his films being shown tonight are collaborations with musicians, including Devo, Brian Eno/David Byrne, and Terry Riley. !!! See David Bryant's Wednesday post about the Bruce Conner warm up screening for a more detailed analysis of Conner's work.

I will be sure to report back about the program later on this evening.

Also, don't forget about the Opening Night Party at galleryHOMELAND, featuring the unveiling of Bum Equipment and an installation and peformance by (one of my recent favorites') Deelay Ceelay.

No comments:

Post a Comment